Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Finding My Motivation

I'm sitting here trying to motivate myself to go run on the treadmill. So, I decided that maybe writing about it will be motivating...so far, no luck!

Out of all the places to run the treadmill is the worse. Its the one place where you can run really far yet literally go nowhere! How discouraging!

Maybe, I'll try 'tricking' myself by finding reasons why I need to run:

1) I'm running a 15k in 2 months and don't want to be sucking wind at mile 3 (and have my sister, husband and friends leaving me in the dust!)

2) See #1 - it really should be the only motivation I should need!...but since its not, proceed to #3

3) I've been meaning to rediscover my 'power song' anyway. You know, that song that is suppose to pump you up and get you moving no matter how tired you become mid-run (or in my case, pre-run)

4) I just ate a HUGE Lunner (lunch/dinner) and maybe running will not make me feel so FULL

5) Its my opportunity to catch up on MTV's Real World. Afterall, seeing other peoples drama always makes me appreciate my life more!

To be honest, it's #5 that is making me look forward to my run! LOL. On Demand, here I come!

Clearly I need some motivation help!! MTV won't always be there for me but My Running Buddies will be, right!? How do you find your Motivation?

7 comments:

  1. I find that hanging a Krispy Kreme pumpkin donut by a string in front of me does the trick.

    Actually, it seems I'm only really motivated to run if I have something I'm training for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Good question. I'll let you know if I ever figure that out.

    Did you ever get on the treadmill? or are you still sitting at the computer? ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, there's a new season of the Real World?! Awesome! The funny thing is I'm trying to find my motivation to write my post that goes hand-in-hand with this post! But first, LOST! Hey, I ran today- I made myself run home from work so that I had no choice but to earn my TV viewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Thanks for the comments! :) Yes, I finally did run (Go Me!) and there really is a new season of Real World (they're in D.C.). Lisa, I actually really like the thought of running home from work. I used to do that in Redmond and really miss the nice trail I had all the way to/from work. If I get creative, I think there is a pretty good path I could go from Iss. to my house BUT I'd have to wait until I build my mileage up! Def going to keep that in mind though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stay motivated by thinking about how when the economy finishes collapsing I might need to defend myself from hungry and desperate people. I also think about how when I become hungry and desperate it will be easier for me to take someone elses stuff. Um, ... did I just say that last part out loud?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I'm not a runner...except in my heart and mind. I think about it once in a while so I'll comment on what motivates me to think about it. Trying to put on clothes that are a wee bit small. Or wishing I could join in on a run with everyone. Or wishing I were more fit. Hey, maybe if I'm forced to think about it more often I'll begin to actually do it? One can dream! Thank you all for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I learned how to leave comments!

    ReplyDelete